Monday, September 20, 2010

Soundtrack to Millie, vol I: in Life

In one of my earliest posts I wrote about how hard it was to listen to almost anything in my music collection.  Millie and I had many special songs, and I haven't been able to listen to those yet.  But I don't want to forget them, so I'm writing them down here.  Even better, I've made a playlist you can (I think) listen to here:  Soundtrack to Millie, vol. I: in Life.  This playlist does not include "I Need You Like a Donut Needs a Hole," as I could not find it on the website.

1.  "Gimme Some Lovin'" by G. Love.  This one, I imagine, captures Millie's perspective when we woke up each morning.  Just replace any sexual connotations with cuddling and breakfast, of course.
2.  "Gotta Have You" by the Weepies.
3.  "Such Great Heights" by the Postal Service, but especially the Iron and Wine version.  Yeah, Laila and Shayne danced to it at their wedding, but I still maintain that it is about Millie and me.
4 and 5.  "I Need You Like a Donut Needs a Hole" and "All I Want is You" by Barry Louis Polisar.
6.  "Be Without You" by Mary J. Blige.
7.  "Anyone Else but You" by the Moldy Peaches.
8.  "Bananas and Blow" by Ween.  So it's not really about Millie and me, but it showed that Millie knew the word "bananas" and not just the tone of voice in which it was usually said.
9.  "Funny Little Frog" by Belle and Sebastian.
10.  "Parentheses" by Blow.
11.  "Sea of Love" by Cat Power, and whoever originally wrote/sang it.

There a million more, I'm sure, but those topped the charts on a regular basis.  And yes, I am aware that some of these songs are silly ones to sing to a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment