Saturday, April 3, 2010

Re: Lindsay Re: Dilemma

Lindsay, your suggestion is a great one.  It's along the same lines as another book I've been reading.  This book includes a journal with some prompts that sort of walk you through recording (and hence processing) your feelings and memories.  So far the book and the journal prompts are really helpful, and I think that some serious memorialization is the key to helping me accept this reality without letting go.  I'm never ever ever ever letting go of Millie.  Never.  Ever.

I've been setting aside at least a half hour or an hour to read through this and some other books on grieving almost every night.  You're also really right, Lindsay, to suggest a specific time-frame.  Because I have to bury my feelings so much throughout the day in order to get through life, I definitely need a good chunk of time every day to allow the tears to really flow.  It's similar to a suggestion Adreanne made when her kitty died almost two years ago.  She said that she would allow herself to focus on her thoughts and feelings, even the horrible traumatic ones, for a certain period of time, and then put those thoughts and feelings away, recognizing that she doesn't have to let them take over her whole mind forever.  So that's one thing I've been trying to do.  I think the habit of thinking about Millie, letting those thoughts and feelings fill my whole heart, for a certain period of time will eventually transform into a habit of thinking of her, our happiest times, our big big love, on a nearly daily basis.  And that will be really good.

Thanks Lindsay  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment